Radio stories and voices to take action
Making Contact is an award-winning, 29-minute weekly magazine/documentary-style public affairs program heard on 140 radio stations in the USA, Canada, South Africa and Ireland.
We distribute Making Contact to non-commercial radio stations and online listeners without charge. We train independent journalists and community members in radio skills, improving popular access to the media. Through our community collaborations, Making Contact increases the media capacity of community groups and helps amplify the voices of those working and organizing for social justice.
Making Contact is committed to in-depth critical analysis that goes beyond the breaking news. Showcasing voices and perspectives rarely heard in mainstream media, Making Contact focuses on the human realities of politics and the connections between local and global events, emphasizing positive and creative ways to solve problems. Making Contact is FREE to noncommercial stations.
Notable guests on the show have included
- Cornel West – Author of numerous books and professor at the Center for African American Studies and Department of Religion at Princeton University.
- Laura Flanders– Author, host and founder of GRITtv.
- Paul Mason– Economics Editor for BBC’s Newsnight, and author of Live Working, Die Fighting.
- Nawal El Saadawi – Author, activist and re-founder of the Egyptian Women’s Union.
- Michelle Alexander – Author of The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.
- Robert Fisk – Longtime Middle East correspondent for The Independent.
- Maria Hinojosa – Mexican-American journalist and talk-show host.
- Chris Hedges– American journalist, author, and war correspondent.
- Paul Rogat Loeb – Seattle-based author and activist.
- Joanna Macy – Long-time peace, justice, and ecology activist.
- Dahr Jamail – Journalist and author.
- Nadje Sadig Al-Ali – Author and activist.
- Erica Fernandez – Environmental activist from Oxnard, California.
- Arundhati Roy – Renowned author and activist.
- David Barsamian – Author and Alternative Radio founder, producer and host.
- David Korten – Economist, author and former professor.
- Daniel Ellsberg – Former United States military analyst.
- Thursday - 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm